Sunday, November 2, 2008

One down!! So many to go...

As of 8:50 pm, I (finally) finished my quilt for my bed!! Here's a few pictures!

Here's a close up of the quilting, which was done by Wendy at Eagle Mountain Quilting. Its beautiful!! Thanks Wendy! Check out her website at : www.eaglemountainquilting.com
And a close up of the borders, with my hand-stitched binding, which is only a necessary picture since my fingers still hurt from all the stitching...
Don't you just love the feeling you get when you finish a big project? An extreme sense of pride in your abilities, a reminder that you do have some talents, a reminder that you really do have a long enough attention span to finish something- anything. (Which is hard to remember when you look around and see that the dishes are half done, the bathroom is half clean and yard needs some serious work...) There's also the sense of release- the ability to look around you and see the possibilities of new opportunities without feeling guilt or that sense of "I really should spend the time on something else." Life is good! I have completed something! Something beautiful. Something big. Now on to the next!

3 comments:

Kristine said...

Wow! That looks great. Congrats on finishing, what's next? I need to finish something big so I can have that sense of accomplishment you described, it's been awhile. The cleaning doesn't even seem to get done any more... :(

ashley said...

looks awesome! good job with all handstitching. I once (literally just ONCE, and that was quite enough) hemmed a shirt by hand and that was painful. Yay for accomplishments!

Speaking of accomplishments...

"A woman must have a thorough knowledge of music, singing, drawing, dancing, and the modern languages, to deserve the word..."

Let's not forget quilting! ^_~

Kristine said...

Your quilt looks beautiful, congratulations! We'll have to come visit sometime soon to see it in person. :)