Sunday, April 4, 2010

Tulip Festival!

Yesterday, we headed up to Skagit County to see the Tulip Festival for the first time! We have lived here for 3 years and I've meant to get there every year. First we saw the inside exhibits.


This was my favorite "new" tulip


And here are lilies for Lily



Then we went outside and the first thing we saw were the GIGANTIC kites!


It was really windy! These kites were all tied off to poles. Then we walked out to the fields to see the tulips.



Yes. We had too much fun with the camera, its true. But it was so pretty! And there are more photos I'm not subjecting you to...

We also stopped at the Fidalgo Quilt Guild Show, which was amazing! I had a lot of fun looking at the quilts, and Lily was a hit. All the old ladies kept stopping as they passed her saying how cute she was "with her matching sweater and shoes"! I didn't take pictures there though- I got distracted, and wasn't so sure how I would feel if people took pictures of my quilts.

After the quilt show, we realized we were really close to Deception Pass, so we decided to head there to see it.

What a great smile for Daddy!!


It was a great day! Lily was exhausted at the end- she slept all the way home!



2 comments:

Megan said...

She is adorable! And I am jealous that you have a tulip festival nearby. I was just thinking today how much I enjoyed the tulip festival at Thanksgiving Point!

ashley said...

Beautiful! =)